
We are on two days without binkie. Eve bit through the tip on her last binkie. So, she threw it in the trash, and she has been sleeping without it for two days. She goes to bed at night just fine without her binkie, but she does struggle with nap time; it took her 1.5 hours yesterday to finally fall asleep. I ordered some new binkies, but they came a day too late. But, I'm not going back. She's doing so well, and I don't want to start all over again later. She is a bit sad; she keeps looking in the trash can for her lost, broken binkie. We are so proud of her that she is doing so well. We are so happy to be binkie free!
2 comments:
Still struggling at our house. Can't decide if I should get rid of the 'pacit' or potty train first. Plus with 2 trips coming up, I'm nervous about getting rid of it before we travel. What do you think??
Here is my opinion from my limited experience. Hope it helps. :)
I would get rid of the pacifier first. The longer you wait, the harder it will be. Alison dropped hers at 25 months. It was a long 3 weeks of a sleep deprived kid. But eventually she adjusted, and she's been fine since. Eve dropped hers at 18 months. She cried for 1.5 hours during her first nap without the binkie before she fell asleep. She has been fine since. She never cried at night. I wish we had taken Alison's away sooner. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be either time. It's a do able thing. They adjust, and they sleep fine again, sometimes sooner than others. I'm guessing it would take Sara a few weeks to be completely adjusted since she is older and understands more of what is going on. But, who knows. Maybe she's ready and you don't even realize it. If possible, have something to replace it with. For Eve, we give her books in her bed now instead of the binkie. That has worked great for her. I would wait on the potty training. Generally, the older they are the easier it will be. I wouldn't do it before big trips either unless you think she is super ready. It is hard to travel when they are just learning how to potty train. With Alison, I learned that potty training doesn't have to take forever and be a long drawn out process. When the kids ready, they just get it. I think she used 5 pull ups total. I think I pushed Emmy too soon. She had accidents, and it dragged out for a really long time. She was over 3. I should have waited a couple more months though. When kids aren't ready, all you are doing is potty training yourself to take them to the potty every 30 minute or so. Too me, it is not worth the remembering or the accidents. But, then there are kids like the my neighbors kids that just potty trained herself at 18 months. She was ready and she wanted it. If Sara is that kind of kid, go for it. It is a nice thing to be diaper free. But diapers are a huge convince when traveling and a new places. It's a toss up. My opinion is work on the binkie and wait on potty training. Good luck! Remember, you're the mom, so in the end you know best. Do what you think will be best for you and Sara!
Post a Comment