Sunday, April 17, 2011

Unbunked & Decluttered!

Emmy has been begging us for her own room the last few months. She has been wanting her own space. So, I decided to toke the bunk beds apart. It is a tight squeeze in their room, but they love the new change. Emmy told us tonight at dinner that it's like getting her own room because now she has her own little space that is not attached to anyone else. She also likes not being up so high on the top bunk. Here are a few pictures of the change.

I think the beds look great like this. It's fun to have a change.
The closet. We don't use it in a traditional way.
The girls enjoying Charlotte's Web with Aaron.

Spring cleaning is in the air! I also decided to de-clutter the playroom. I took a few things out, and I moved everything around. I am really happy with how the playroom turned out. The girls were so excited. They even happily cleaned up this evening to keep it nice and neat.
I like the kitchen on this wall much better then in the corner. I think the girls will play with it more.
Here's the girls new little reading corner. Emmy was so excited; she said, "Just like the one at school Mom."
I tucked the TV into the closet. Now we can shut the doors and it disappears. The girls don't watch a lot of TV. But with the warmer weather ahead of us, they will watch even less.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love spring cleaning! Your house looks great!

K Lange said...

It looks great and the girls beds look so cute. I am glad they share a room. They're just going to be the best of friends. Can't wait until we're all there to play and destroy your organized play room. ;)