Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Maple Canyon

We got so lucky this fall; it was the best weather. We finally got our first snow the day after Halloween. A few weeks ago, we piled all the kids in the car and caravaned down to Maple Canyon with the Hopkinson family. We spent a beautiful afternoon rock climbing.

I have not been climbing since I was pregnant with Emmy, so it's been about 7 years for me. I was really proud of myself. I got on the rock and just went for it. I got almost half way through the climb. There was a tricky over hang in the middle, and I just could not figure out how to get over it.

We put all three girls on the rope. Eve just hung in the air with a very confused look on her face. She wasn't really sure what she was supposed to do. Alison was really scared; but she gave it a go to get that Starburst hiding up on the rock ledge. I was really proud of her that she stayed on the rope for a few minutes without crying or whining. Emmy was the star of the show that day. She climbed up to the 2nd clip; she did so good. When she would get stuck, she was really patient with herself. She looked around for holds and eventually found a way to keep moving. She was so motivated to get those Starbursts.

I love the chunky rocks on this climb. They make for great holds.


So fun to get out and go climbing again with Aaron.
Emmy getting started on the climb.
She was so brave.

Look at that girl. She really got up there.
I love this picture. Don't be nervous Papa! She's safe.
This picture makes me laugh. She is so scared, but she did it.
Eve and Jean
Looking for the next hold.

No comments: