Guest Writer: Aaron, from the perspective of Emmy (4 yrs)
On Saturday night after my dad was home for less than one whole day, we went to a party. This was a silly party because it started with what my daddy calls a triathalong. That is where people go swimming, ride their bikes, and then run real fast. It's kind of like a race around the world. These are some pictures my mommy took.
My daddy is that white triangle close to the front. He and the other people are chasing the guy in front. I think he took something and they are trying to get it back.
I found these pretty ducks. One girl and two boys.

This is me watching my daddy put on his socks before riding his bike. I'm asking him where he is going to go next. He told the neighbor guy behind him to tackle the next person out of the water.
Go, Daddy!
Even though he was the number 3 person after the swim, my daddy is weak sauce on his bike, so a lot of people passed him.
Go, Daddy. Run! My daddy ran a lot last weekend, and he came home all sweaty. He's holding his back because it hurts. Kinda like grandpa's.
Daddy ran fast at the end and passed some people who had smoked him on the bike. You can see two of them chewing shoe rubber in this picture. Then he drank a lot of Gatorade and walked up and down the street. By then I was ready for the party to start.
We had fun after the people all finished the race. I cheered for all of them, but only my daddy got a big hug and kiss. Then we had a party. The winner, who was the guy everyone was chasing in the water, cooked hamburgers and got a trophy with tater tots or something. I jumped on the trampoline and lost my flip flops. Then I remembered where they were.
I got to stay up late, so this was a good party.
Editor's note: The Tater Tot Triathlon is a friendly neighborhood race in Stansbury Park, Utah. This was the 4th year the race was held. The winner traditionally cooks the burgers for the afterparty. There are no t-shirts or prizes other than the travelling trophy, and everyone has a great time.
2 comments:
This post made me laugh... very creative:) Good Times!:)
Very fun post. Great job Aaron :).
Post a Comment