Sunday, July 05, 2009

4th of July Weekend

On July 2nd, we got to visit with some of Aaron's friends from Tulsa, Oklahoma and their families. Big Emmy brought awesome puppets for each of the kids and babies on the way. It was so nice of her.
After all of the gravel yard work and some very long naps, we headed over to a neighborhood BBQ with my dad in Stansbury Park. It was fun to see friends from when we used to live there. Here's Aaron with the girls; Aaron has 10 cherries stuffed in his mouth.
They had a very cool Polynesian dance show for the entertainment. Alison was entranced by the dancers.
Emmy got up with some other girls for little dance.
Aaron danced with the girls for the anniversary dance. I love this picture because of Emmy's dance pose I caught. She loves to move in all different ways when she hears music. The girls had a great time dancing with their daddy.
The girl at the face painting table had a huge line, so Aaron painted Emmy's face. She requested flowers and a butterfly on her forehead.
Aaron decided to paint a mustache on himself after he finished Emmy's face. It turned out pretty good for not having a mirror.
Aaron and the girls watching the fire dancer. Alison is looking very tired. It was getting late.
We did a few fireworks in the driveway. Alison hid in the garage as far away from the fireworks as possible. She is really timid with new things. Emmy had a great time.
Today, we went up to Park City for Jean Hopkinson's baby blessing. Emmy just loved playing with Jean and her older sisters Quinn and Addie.
It's amazing how much our families have grown. We sure do love the Hopkinson's, and we wish that they lived much closer.
There is my huge belly. I can't believe I have 2 months left.

3 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

ANNIKA!!
Hey it is Amy Crowther (Yorgesen now). I was so excited to find you. My sis Sara actually gave me your blog, which she found through Kim. I would love to hear from you. I tried to find you on facebook. My email is amyeric416@comcast.net. You have a beautiful family!

K Lange said...

Yay, you guys look so cute. That periwinkle blue looks great on you, Annika. I can't wait to see you guys and for Sara to play with her cousins.

Hopkinson said...

We LOVE you too! The times we get to spend together are so special,