The kids had a great time exploring all of the exhibits. Alison took a nap for the first hour; she enjoyed the baby area when she woke up. She crawled up this cool slide thing all by herself. She squealed the entire climb; I think she felt really big. Emmy loved the little grocery store especially the cash registers. She loves playing shopping at home. She is always asking me to be the "buyer", which really means the cashier, so that she can buy all of the random toys and books she has collected from around the house. I usually make a pretend beep sound for each item and then ask her for $10.00. She gives me a hi-five and smiles. Don't you wish we could buy food with just a hi-five and a smile. We had a great lunch on the terrace in beautiful sunshine. It was a really special day.
I did have one of those heart stopping moments on the way home. I had Bennett, Brady, and Emmy in my car, and we stopped at a store to pick up something really fast. Brady ran out into the parking lot, so I put my wallet on top of the car to run after him. Well, I drove about 10 blocks through downtown Salt Lake with my wallet on top of my car without any idea. I was heading out of downtown on North Temple with I heard a thump. I didn't think much of it until a car pulled up next to me telling me to roll my window down. They told me I had just lost my wallet in the middle of the overpass. AHHHH! I quickly turned the car around, parked the car on the side of the road, waited for the traffic to clear, and then ran up the over pass to get my wallet. The kids had panic all over their faces as they watched me run around the road like a crazy lady. I'm sure the cars stopped at the light enjoyed the show also. When it was all over Emmy said, "Mom, do you have your wallet now?" I told her that yes I got it back. She said, "Good, you can buy me some books!" I am so grateful to the guys that told me my wallet fell off my car.
No comments:
Post a Comment