Sunday, April 19, 2009

Backyard Makeover

Our goal for this summer is to improve our backyard. We started this project last summer; we are so excited because it is finally starting to come all together. Yesterday, we worked on the yard the entire day. We were very sore by the end of the day, but it was very satisfying to see how much progress we made toward our goal. We still have many more projects to complete before we will be finished, but as Aaron said yesterday, "Our yard looks so much better than it did when we first moved in two years ago."

Here is the new and improved play area with expanded garden.

These are the 3 new garden boxes Aaron built yesterday and last weekend. We will more than double our garden this summer. I hope I have even more success than I did last year.

Emmy and Alison got this great playhouse for Christmas from Santa. We were so excited to finally get it out of the garage.
We also dug a small fire pit in our backyard. We tried it out last night. It was so great to smell a camp fire. We can hardly wait for it to warm up in the canyons so we can go camping. Emmy talks about going camping all the time. She can't wait to go camping with her cousin Katie; she plans on making pancakes and looking for unicorns.
Our fire pit! Not very dramatic in the light, but our girls had to be in bed by 7:00 pm. It had been a long day.

4 comments:

Ken and Susie Lovell said...

It looks like heaven for our grandchildren. I especially like the firepit.

The Stevens: said...

That's a GREAT lookin' yard! Perfect for kids! I love the firepit idea, how fun for your girls!

K Lange said...

It looks so fun, you guys! Your hard work has paid off. I can't wait to have a backyard! (Hopefully with a pool)

Hopkinson said...

We vote it's a boy! The back yard looks awesome