
Time to get ready for Easter right? Well, I remember enjoying the whole egg dying thing as a kid. So, this year I decided to let Emmy give it a try. She did a great job. She had a great time watching the eggs change colors and then putting the silly faces on. I only did a few because Aaron won't eat eggs, and I think Emmy has inherited that strange aversion. She told me that the eggs smell funny the entire time we were dying them. She won't try them either. Alison gave them a try today, but wasn't very interested. Good thing I only made a few since I have to eat them all myself. This is the only time of the year I eat hard boiled eggs. I think it's because I get sick of them once Easter is all over.

A month ago, Emmy brought home from preschool a small cup with a few lima beans tucked into the dirt. She informed that the beans were going to grow into a giant beanstalk, and she would climb it when it got big enough. Lucky for us, one of the beans did actually grow and quickly. I moved her plant into a bigger pot a few weeks ago. The beanstalk is very happy by my kitchen window. We have two big bean pods growing and a few more on the way. It has been really fun to watch this plant grow because I've never tried to grow any kind of beans before.

I'm very anxious to get going on the garden, but it's still too cold to do anything outside. We have been getting snow 2 or 3 times a week the last few weeks. About 3 weeks ago, we had a really nice warm spell, so I bought some seeds and had the girls help me plant them in these boxes. They stayed outside for almost 2 weeks before it got too cold again. Now, they seem to be happy in my dining room next to the sliding doors. Alison and Emmy like to look at the little plants that are popping up, but they both are very good not to touch the plants or the dirt. They are so good. The far left are spinach plants, the far right are lettuce, and the box in front has cucumber plants. If these work out for me, I will probably be more adventurous with seeds next year. I'm hoping to get them outside into my planter box in 4 or 5 weeks.
1 comment:
Happy Easter! Enjoy some of those chocolate malted milk Easter Eggs for me. They don´t have anything like that here in Chile.
We love you. M looks so cute in this picture.
Post a Comment