Friday, May 15, 2009

30 Today

Well, I'm 30 years old today. I was worried all year that this might be a big birthday for me, but it really wasn't. I don't feel any different, and I didn't really worry about the day as it got closer. Aaron always says that it's just another day and age is a state of mind. I think it really helped that I got to spend all of last week in Tahoe with my sweetie. We had such a great time relaxing and exploring the sights. I came back refreshed and ready to face a long summer pregnant.

We took the girls to the park today for a picnic lunch. I got to take a nice nap this afternoon. Then, we went to a new diner near town for dinner with my parents and brother. It was a nice day with family. We are going to have a little party tomorrow night after my sister and niece get into town from Arizona. 

When it's all said and done, life keeps moving forward. I'm a year older, and I feel really lucky to have so many wonderful blessings. I can't complain; it's great to be thirty!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Not to mention you look fantastic! ;) Happy birthday!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Annika! I look VERY forward to seeing you guys tomorrow! We're going to throw you an AWESOME 30th B-day Party!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! I enjoyed reading your post. I am turning 30 in December, sigh... I am glad that it feels like a regular day.

Kristine said...

Happy 30th!

Lisa said...

I agree with you... 30 didn't phase me either. Happy Birthday!

The Toronto Family said...

Hey Happy birthday! and congrats on baby number three!