Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hiking in Settlement Canyon

Last Friday, we went on a picnic and hike in Millcreek Canyon in Salt Lake. The girls had a great time, so yesterday I thought I would take them to the canyon two minutes from our house for a little hike. Emmy happily carried the backpack with our snacks and juice boxes. She loves the hiking poles (ski poles) that Aaron found for her at DI. She is super hiker with those magic poles. Alison was a trooper. She held my hand and happily hiked along; it took us almost an hour and a half to make the loop. I didn't even have to whip out happy suckers until Emmy fell trying to cross the cattle guard. She started screaming, and then Alison started screaming because Emmy was crying. I just laughed, and Eve slept happily in the baby carrier, even through all of the screaming.

2 comments:

K Lange said...

Your girls are such troopers! Looks like you had a blast.

Lisa said...

I love the magic hiking poles!